Wednesday, July 14, 2010

eat pray love

When I went to see Eclipse, the first preview was for Eat Pray Love. Opening August 13th.



Panic set in. I knew it was based on a book that I HADN'T READ YET! I'm someone who has to read the book before I see the movie. Always. The problem with that is, I tend to wait until the very last minute. I did it with Twilight (gasp...how could I possibly be a true fan?), Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Dear John, and countless others.

(I did read Confessions of a Shopaholic and The Nanny Diaries before scripts were ever in the making...I feel good about that.)

So, within days, I borrowed the book from Shannon and got started. Now let's hope I finish it between now and August 13th. With work, baby, husband, and July activities, it may prove to be quite a challenge. It's always worth it though.

Speaking of Harry Potter.....



Maybe I should join a book club...that'll give me a deadline (since I seem to need those) and friends to discuss them with! Anyone???

8 comments:

Michelle Elkins AKA Mickey said...

I wasn't a huge fan of the book. Curious to see what the movie will be like...

Kara Simmons. said...

Wait a minute! When is the Hunger Games coming out in a movie?! You must tell me asap!!!

Shan @ Design Gal said...

All in favor of starting a book club? Aye! (I'm being serious!)

Professor Libby looks adorable in those glasses!

Meganps said...

AYE! i'm totally in for a book club.

and actually really wanting to read that book - i'm the same way, i need to read the books first. i don't know why, just do.

Devin, Abby, and Grady said...

I always have to read the book before too... but then I'm the annoying friend sitting next to you in the movie saying, "well thats not how it was in the book....". haha

Anonymous said...

I LOVED that book. I hadn't seen the movie preview yet though - I can't wait! It looks great. And I love that the song in the preview is from one of my favorite groups. :)

Unknown said...

Oprah is sure a fan of that book! I am looking forward to the movie ... let me know if you like the book since I will def NOT be reading it in the next couple of weeks! Jared will probably think it's a chick flick so I think we need to go together, Bug! :)

Libby in those glasses? A is for adorable!!! xo

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

I want to see that movie so bad! haha I love Julia Roberts...plus I heard the book was great!
Cute blog by the way ;)