Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Kama WHAT???

If your name is Jared...stop reading now!!! It will spoil your Valentines.

Anyone else...Viewer Discretion is Advised.



Here's an insight to my personal...personal life. It was too funny/embarrassing not to share. I've been thinking about what to get Jared for Valentine's Day that would be fun but not cheesy. Normally I wouldn't stress but, it is our 1st one as a married couple and I am getting a little into it. So, on my lunch break the other day I hit up target to get a cute greeting card (I know...so original) and then walked next door to the Barnes and Noble, just to browse. Well, I stumbled upon the Valentine's Table, cluttered with gift ideas from romantic poetry books, sexy CD's, and you guessed it, Kama Sutra books. I picked one out. HA! I have always found these a funny item and was surprised that none of my friends purchased one for my bridal shower. (Now I know why.) Feeling pleased with my selection I waited in the check-out line. When I was next, I glanced at the check out clerks....oh no! Both gave me an awkward feeling. I was glad when the grumpy old lady's line freed up before the redhead teenage boy's. Awkward.
This grouch gave me the worst looks you ever thought an old lady could give. As soon as I set the book down she looked at it for awhile, and then at me, and then back at the book. Really! You would of thought I was purchasing a book on "How to be the Next Hitler." She picked it up and scanned it, then glared at me again. What's most ironic about this whole event is that, there were NO pictures on the cover of the red, square book. Just the words "Kama Sutra." Case in point! This old hag new what it was and should be pointing the judgement finger in another direction. Hahaha! Funny non-the-less.

5 comments:

us... said...

That is such a funny Story ........you are always full of funny stories:] So did you dive in.....

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Hey I am so glad that you have blog. I am so exciting to see what you guys are up to. We need to hang out! I love your blog.

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Oh one more thing, Aaron and I have a book like that! HA HA, good story!

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Sorry it is me again, I just was curious has to who Lindsey Cram is? You said you found us through her blog, well just wondering who she was. It is crazy who you can find on this blogging thing.

Shan @ Design Gal said...

And that my friend, is why I'm too afraid to buy a book like that! Haha! Bravo for being brave- the old bitty was just jealous cause she hasn't gotten any in so long! haha!