Thursday, June 4, 2009

belated memorial day

(excuse the blurry pictures...i cannot figure out what's going on and it's REALLY frustrating)

I do love a day off of work! This Memorial Day weekend was even better than most because we spent the time with this cute niece...visiting all the way from DC...on her own! We missed you Josh and Brandie but, we're sure glad you sent your baby. 

Isabel
Me, Iz, & Jared
Isabel & Cameron after a long evening at Nordstoms
(A family favorite....huh Brandie)

We also visited past loved ones...in the pouring rain. 



Adventures in painting a Nursery!
Something I've been really excited about...and was finished on our long weekend.
First off, picking a shade of pink is harder than expected. I found myself leaning more towards names than shades. Things such as "Ballerina Slipper" or "Glamour" or "Raspberry Lemonade". We went with "Cupids Arrow" this time. 
Then Jared went to work. ;) 
I did help tape. That's the worst part anyway.
Then we picked up the cribby from cousin Tennyson and I couldn't resist 
putting her bedding on. 
Cooper kept trying to get in...now he just chills underneath.
He can't quite figure out what's going on. 


And just because I'm missing her since she's flown back to DC...
another picture of Isabel.

5 comments:

Shan @ Design Gal said...

i love your nursery! and the story of Jared electricuting (sp?) himself still makes me laugh! i'm glad he was okay!

let's get together soon!

Jen said...

You are so on top of things...I can't believe you already have your nursery together. Go girl!

Chelsi said...

oh McCall I can't wait to see her little nursery all done!!! I love the color of pink you chose, perfect shade!!!! Hope you are feeling good!

paige and jord said...

your nursery is going to be adorable.. and so is that little girl! i mean, come on. the face!

ps. uh.. its been awhile since i've seen you. lets get that changed

Unknown said...

What a doll that niece of yours is! The paint looks great. I am excited to see the whole thing in person.